Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wicked Whispers

I love email – probably the best means of quick, effective communication there is – but sometimes it can get you into trouble. Tonight I was emailing various potential contributors to FR2DAY and as is our habit, Wayne and I were forwarding the emails from various people we’d found across to each other. I got in touch with a girl down in Cannes who organises parties for like-minded single social butterflies and instantly thought she would be a useful person to meet. Then she let slip that she also runs a global gay internet site. BINGO! Our gay contacts down here are currently thin on the ground so this was mannah from heaven.
‘Found a great girl in Cannes who is big on the party scene,’ I wrote above her email to me ‘she also runs a wordwide gay site and think she is probably gay herself (but people will probably say that about me and you!)’ then I merrily pinged it off to NO, not Wayne, but said networker!
Two minutes later, her email shows up with ‘Hey Karen, I haven’t stopped laughing yet, somehow don’t think that was meant for me, was it?’ I couldn’t wait to tell Wayne how stupid I’d been, and he promptly sent me back a similar looking email from a French forum he’d been trawling. He’d found an American woman in Cannes who seemed to know everyone, and thinking he was mailing me said, ‘See below, this bird knows everyone, especially the Yanks, so could be worth a punt.’ But he’d sent it back to her instead, only for her to come back with ‘Hey Wayne, now I’m confused...are you after my email address list?’
Très spooky, as Dame Edna might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment